Monday, February 1, 2010

"Back to Work to Rest"

This weekend was not long and leisurely like my last. I worked until 7 o'clock Friday night. Then, I stopped by my friend Lori's new apartment to check it out and eat dinner...her spaghetti is A.W.E.S.O.M.E! I got home to Ava and Archer, and we promptly got in the bed. We were going on a little road trip first thing the next morning.

Saturday morning, bright and early, we (my mom and dad, my NaNa, me, Ava, and Archer, and my two young cousins Hannah and Amy Beth) loaded up in my dad's 12 passenger van and headed north in hopes of some bargains. We were headed to the JCPenney outlet store in Decatur, Alabama because my dad had an additional 25% off your purchase coupon good only for Friday and Saturday.

Archer was a perfect angel, which he always is! If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you will know that he is the easiest going baby in the world! He has been on numerous road trips, camping trips, and big city outings without so much as a hitch! Just precious if I do say so myself! Ava on the other hand...let's just say she was that kid in JCPenney's, much to my horror!

My stress level went way down once we got out of that store and moved on to the rest of the mall! Yes, I did let her ride the carousel eventhough she didn't really deserve it after the way she had been acting, but we were there for almost 2 hours!

We ate lunch at Ruby Tuesday's, and then carried on shopping for a little longer at Target (my mom 's favorite store). Ava fell asleep with her head resting on Archer's diaper bag while we were cruising the aisles. I guess she shopped until she dropped, literally!

On the way home, we heard the song I've got pasted to my post. I had never heard it before, and I was laughing at its clever lyrics. My dad couldn't believe I'd never heard it before! Even my mom remembered this song, and she isn't one to do that. Anyway, maybe it will take some of you down memory lane...


I always did love me some "Elvira" growing up!

I was still up for some F.U.N. when we got home, so Hannah, Amy Beth, and my nephews...Huett and Sam stayed over for a spend the night party!

Sunday morning, everyone got up and ready for church after a nice breakfast of grapes, bananas, and cinnamon bites(I know, I am really out-doing myself these days). Who said being a mom to 6 would be a handful? Okay, okay...I didn't do it all by my lonesome, Tiffany came over that morning and helped me get everyone ready for church.

After church we ate lunch, napped, and went out to eat to celebrate Mikey, my B-I-L's 28th birthday. After supper, we went over to watch a little of the W.W.E's "Royal Rumble" at Mikey and Tiffany's, and then it was home for bath-time.

What was that you said? You didn't peg me for a wresting fan? No? Well, you are right about that, but now that I'm raising a son I'm keeping an open mind about things I honestly have no personal interest in. I've been trying to get in touch with my inner sports fan, wrestle-mania mama, and super-hero follower! I'm going to have to pick up some slack since Archer's coming up without a daddy. Not that he doesn't have any male role-models to look up to, but still!

So, at the end of this weekend I am feeling really swamped because we did so much over my 2 days off, and now I'm back at work on Monday. I had to come back to work to get some rest! How ironic is that?

2 comments:

  1. I have said it many a times-you have to go back to work to rest but now that my only job is helping with the grandkids and taking care of big daddy Tim I guess i can't say that anymore. We did have a great time and yes Ava was that kid at JCPenney's and Archer of course was just a whatever you want to do little boy!! Had a great time. Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have all had "THAT" kid rear it's ugly head. Thankfully it's not any every day thing!!

    I'm with your Mom, BIG RED PUFFY HEART LOVE Target!

    ReplyDelete

background