Thursday, February 25, 2010

"Apologizing to a 4 year old"

Ava doesn't wear pull-ups anymore, and she has few and far between accidents. I've got one of those plastic pads that goes under the sheet on her side of the bed, so it isn't that big of a deal, just changing of the sheets.

So, in the middle of the night she wakes me up and says, "Mommy feel of my leg." She has wet the bed. I got up and got the stuff to clean her up and change her pajamas...trying to do this in the dark to keep from waking Archer up.

I was fine with changing her, but then she wanted to start talking and I got ill. I was telling her to be quiet, and then guess what happened...Archer woke up! I couldn't get him to go back to sleep, so I had to put him in the bed with us too.

This all took place around 4 o'clock in the morning, and I had to get up at 5 o'clock for work. I know I should have been more patient with her, but I just wanted to go back to sleep for a little while longer! After about 10 minutes, Archer was back to sleep. I thought Ava was too, when she said, "Mommy".

I looked over and said, "What?"

She said, "I love you."

Guilt Trip! I felt so bad for the way I had been talking to her. Don't think she didn't know what she was doing either. She is one smart cookie. I told her I loved her too, and she went back to sleep.

This morning when I called to check on her before preschool I told her I was sorry for being mean to her. She didn't say anything. I asked her if she was mad at me and she said "Yes, for 3 days!"

Talk about holding a grudge. I got her down to 2 days, and she said maybe 1 if I was good when I got home tonight. What a funny kid!

6 comments:

  1. Ha! That sounds like something my five year old would say. Hang in there, we all get short every now and then, but isn't mommy guilt the worst?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have our moments when we are not as patient as we want to be and thankfully children are very forgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. Kids sure know how to work the system. Great story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well just to let you know Ava told me this morning during breakfast that she was mad at you for 2 days for being fussy with her last night! I didn't know it was 4 in the morning! Maybe it won't last 2 days since you are taking her to work with you tomorrow for lunch!!!! She is a mess!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HaHa....When Henley gets mad at me, she gets a little attitude and says "you're not my best frand(aka friend) anymore."

    ReplyDelete
  6. "For three days" - that's a crack-up! Been there, girl! Mommy guilt is the worst, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

background