Thursday, October 29, 2009

"Pumpkin Patch"

This is the time of the year when everyone is posting about their trips to their local pumpkin patch. Their posts include beautifully orchestrated portraits of children picking out their favorite pumpkins, jumping in fallen leaves, eating a big bowl of chili, sipping on hot chocolate, and visiting the petting zoo! Let me just start by saying my post will not include those pictures this year.

I was serving on jury duty the week of the preschool trip to the pumpkin patch, so I wasn't able to go. My mom graciously volunteered to take Ava and Archer for me so that they didn't have to miss out.

I've only heard a few comments about how the trip went,
but they went something like this:
"It was crazy"
"It was raining cats and dogs when we got to the patch"
"We were outnumbered by children 4 and under"

My brother-in-law Mikey was the only one taking the pictures that day, I know you can't tell by the pictures, but my sister has a Nikon that photographs beautifully. Mikey didn't give the thing time to focus...Tiffany has promised to give him a little remedial education.

Sam, Huett, and Ava


Archer

Ava picking out her pumpkin.

Charlie

My Mom, Archer, and Sam

The Hill Brothers
Sam, Charlie, and Huett

The pictures will not win any awards, but they say a million words! The kids were just having way too much fun to stop and pause for a picture or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background