Sunday, September 13, 2009

"Workin' Mommy"

Being a single mom of 2, it is my overwhelming responsiblity to provide for my little family. I count it as a blessing to have a job that I enjoy. Also, being a nurse allows me to only have to work 3 days a week. Granted, those are 12 hour shifts, but even so...that allows me 4 OFF days out of 7! So, I don't feel like I'm neglecting my children because I'm not a "stay-at-home" mom. I am taking care of them, and as they become responsible adults they will be able to follow my example of providing for my family and having a strong work ethic.

Now, to why I am posting this. This morning I got myself ready for work, and then it was time to get Ava and Archer to my mom. I put Archer back to bed, and he was dozing back off to sleep. Ava on the other hand, was ready to watch cartoons. I would have loved to lay on the couch with her and watch TV, but today wasn't that day. I gave her some big hugs and kisses, and as I was leaving she said..."Mommy, you know you miss things when you go to work." Well, what a way to start my day: Guilt Trip! So, let me just read my first paragraph again and see if it makes me feel better...NO! The responsible adult in me got up and headed on to work...the guilt-ridden, feeling-sorry-for-myself little mama just had to get over it! Another day, another dollar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background