Friday, March 19, 2010

"Eighty Years Young"

Here's my NaNa's birthday party pictures I promised.
It turned out to be even better than we imagined.
The weather was beautiful, the food was scrumptious,
and NaNa had plenty of friends and family to celebrate with.



We couldn't keep the kids out of this fruit tray.
Everytime I turned around, they had another handful of grapes!

We went with a spring theme,
with bright and soft pastels and spring flowers.
We used a long row of tables down the center of the room,
surrounded by round tables on either side.


We wanted to add something special that represented NaNa,
so we made these cards and quoted
some of her favorite memory verses and sayings.
She taught us to quote this verse from an early age!

When someone asks NaNa how she's doing,
you can always count on her to say,
"I'm blessed and highly favored of the Lord."
Now that stops some people in their tracks and gets them thinking.

After most of the guests had arrived,
NaNa took the center stage for an impromptu speech.
Trust me, you don't have to twist her arm to get
a good word/testimony out of her.
She laid it on us, and then thanked us all for coming.
My NaNa is a character thats for sure!

Here's NaNa posing with her beautiful cake.

Here's a shot of the crowd enjoying their refreshments.

Now, here's a picture of the cutest man at the party.

My dad and Teagan

Huett and Ava pausing for a picture.
They ran around the entire party!

Archer enjoyed getting to eat some big people food.

Me and my kids.

Everybody wanted to see Archer taking some steps.
He wasn't cooperating,
and ever since he has rebelled against trying to walk anymore!

Here's the extended family...
Chad, Jenny, Taiden, and Teagan...
Mom and Dad...
Tiffany, Mikey, Huett, Sam, and Charlie...
Me, Ava, and Archer

My NaNa is the oldest of 7 siblings.
They are all still living it up, Hodgson family style!
One of my great-uncles just had open heart surgery,
so he didn't make it to the party.

Ava had to stick around and help clean up with the rest of us,
so she got to be the one to let the balloons go.
She wanted them to take her away, but it just didn't happen.
I hope I have as much loving family
as NaNa does to throw me a big birthday bash
when I turn eighty.
Oh what the heck, I'll settle for just a cake!

1 comment:

  1. I will make sure you have a big party when you turn 80 because i will only be 100 then!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

background