Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"Veteran's Day"

I am posting this post for my baby girl Ava. Her daddy served in the United States Marine Corps for 4 years. I was with him through all four years. Those were some of the longest years I remember. It seems like the years fly by now. The Marine Corps provided us with everything we needed, and I was able to go to nursing school while Jason was enlisted. Those were the hardest times when he was deployed, especially after the September 11th attacks. But, in between those times we had a lot of fun travelling back and forth. I wouldn't trade those 4 years for anything in the world. I want Ava to know that her daddy sacrificed a lot to serve our country, and that he is a hero. Once a Marine, Always a Marine!

So, to all you military families out there, I would just like to say thank you for supporting your loved ones while they are away. It isn't easy to be away from them during the holidays.

And, to the men and women who are protecting us, here and abroad, thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are making it possible for us to live the American dream.

3 comments:

  1. Trish after reading the very first paragraph, big tears started rolling down my face! You are such an amazing lady!!And so tenderhearted (just like me)! Ava and Archer are so lucky to have such a terrific Mom like you!! Mamaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trish, you're a great Mom! And I remember those last years when he was in Iraq, and you were a great support to Jason. For Ava, Jason served his country, and we are all grateful for that sacrifice. Love you girl!! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason was lucky to have you those 4 years! And now you and Ava and Archer are lucky to have each other for the rest of yours lives!

    ReplyDelete

background